Circle of Parents
COP groups meet weekly, are free of charge, and foster an open exchange of ideas, support, information and resources. COP strives to foster social interaction and development of long term friendships, while addressing important issues and interesting topics decided on by the group participants.
Free childcare for children under 12 is available during the program, with age appropriate activities and close supervision. Snacks or a meal are provided, as well as transportation to the evening group if needed.
Join us to:
- Build friendships while your children are cared for in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Learn new parenting ideas.
- Give and receive support.
” It helps me take care of my parenting skills. Casey is the best team leader and he has a lot of good ideas for other skills. He has given me support and I am so happy about being in the group. I hope that I can be in this group for a long time. It is AWESOME!”Tim L.
” (Circle of Parents) has helped me to understand more about my kids, how to discipline them, love them and learn why it is important to spend time with them.”Andrew
Available in these locations:
- 2nd Baptist in Rutherfordton – (Friday mornings at 10 a.m.)
- Clara Allen Family Center in Forest City – (Thursday mornings at 10 a.m.)
- Clara Allen Family Center in Forest City – (Thursday evenings at 6 p.m. – Dinner and transportation provided.)
- Clara Allen Family Center in Forest City- Dad’s Group (Thursday evenings at 6pm -Dinner and transportation provided.
Temporary Changes Due to COVID-19
To protect our staff and clients, Circle of Parents groups are temporarily meeting through video conferencing, Facebook groups, and various other ways. Please contact the group’s facilitator for more information.
For Thursday and Friday morning groups contact Susan at Susanhunt@familyresourcesrc.org
For Thursday night group contact Cassandra at Cassandrawhiteside@familyresourcesrc.org
For Dad’s group contact Casey at Caseyhill@familyresourcesrc.org